Thursday, January 22, 2009





Photobucket

A Good Place to Start. *
This is a wonderful painting by S.C. Yuan of the Monterey Bay as seen from Carmel Hill. The significance of the place and the artist to my experience is extraordinary. Certainly most important to me is the fact that both my children were born on that hill near that spot. It is also the place where I officially declared myself a Bahá'í in the year 1968.

Coincidentally, in 1966, I was taking a geology class at Monterey Peninsula College, and when returning from a field trip to Point Lobos, one little man in the car proclaimed, as we crested the hill, "This looks exactly like my homeland!" I asked where that was, and he replied that it was Haifa, Israel.

How could I possibly know that 24 years later, on my Bahá'í pilgrimage, when standing atop Mount Carmel in Haifa, I would exclaim: "this looks exactly like my homeland!"













Haifa, Israel