Monday, June 8, 2015

Tug, the hunter..







My cat Tug in the catbird seat






Tug has been watching birds through the windows. A few weeks ago he started jumping up on my armoire, and I'm pretty sure it was an instinctive response to seeing all that prey.

It would have been fine with me, but naturally he started pawing the vase and dried flowers, and I was sure he'd destroy them as cats are wont to do.  I had a brainstorm: cats are very fussy about their coat and paws, so I bought a few 12" square floor tiles, took off the backing, and put them with the sticky-side up under and around the vase.

The next day I saw Tug had gotten on top of the armoire, and it looked like he was curious as to what I had done, so I grabbed my camera.






I caught the moment when he touched the sticky.




He contemplated what just happened.




And then guess what? He licked off the sticky.





He decided to move to the other side...




Waaay to the other side.





This is the moment he decided that the prospect of scattering some dried flowers and watching a vase smash on the floor wasn't worth the trouble.