Friday, March 11, 2016

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (guitar cover)










From YouTube:

Commentor: Ok kid. I don't often compliment musicians (I am one myself). You play it well, but there's another important factor here. You exposed the chordings phrasings and licks in such a way that you are actually making it easy to understand. It is obvious that was your intention. You are not only a fine guitar picker, you would make an excellent guitar instructor. Great job!

Guitarist:  Thank you very much, sir. This is exactly how my guitar teacher described to me why Mark Knopfler is such a great guitar player. He 'plays over the chords', finds the exact notes that matter on the chord being played, and also the transition notes between chords. And then makes great little melodies with them. Thank you again!