Friday, September 27, 2013






SANTA CRUZ CLOCK TOWER


A sketch  from my drafting station in the engineering office on Center Street in 1979.  That's Loma Prieta, of earthquake notoriety, in the distance.  It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and I was probably killing time until five. Ah, the good old days when I was paid for fooling around.




A few years later the office moved to Chestnut street--a block to the north.  Having my own parking space in front (that's my white car), was an amenity anyone who works downtown can appreciate.


This is my view south across Monterey Bay from my drafting station in the cupola, looking down Center Street.  The Civic Auditorium is the large building on the right.  The building with the tiled roof (middle right) is our old office--you can see the window from which I sketched the clock tower.  The metal roof of the Goodwill building is in the foreground.





My son climbed out on the roof for this photograph.